Zero Tolerance Policy
All regional centers are required to have a ‘Zero Tolerance Policy’ for child, dependent adult and elder abuse. All vendors and long-term care facilities providing services to regional center clients are required to comply with the ‘Zero Tolerance Policy’, and they must inform new employees of the policy and review it with them annually. Employee acknowledgement forms are to be kept in personnel files. The regional center may review these records at any time.
The documents in this section are posted to help you and your employees understand the various sections of the Welfare & Institutions Code (WIC), Penal Code and licensing requirements that are the basis for the ‘Zero Tolerance Policy’.
If you have questions regarding Lanterman Regional Center’s ‘Zero Tolerance Policy’, please contact Karen Ingram, Director of Community Services at 213.252.5694 or email@example.com.
- Lanterman Regional Center Zero Tolerance Policy
- Welfare & Institutions Code § 15610.63. Physical abuse (zero tolerance)
- Welfare & Institutions Code § 15630. Mandated reporters; known or suspected abuse; telephone or Internet reports; failure to report; impeding or inhibiting report; penalties
- Welfare & Institutions Code § 15633 and Welfare & Institutions Code § 15633.5. Confidentiality of reports; disclosure and Information given to investigator; reporting person's identity; confidentiality
- Penal Code § 11165.7. Mandated reporter defined (Child abuse mandated reporter)
- Penal Code § 11166. Report of child abuse or neglect; mandatory reporters; reasonable suspicion defined; form of report; criminal liability for failure to report; investigation; other reporters; joint reports; retaliation prohibited; report by county probation or welfare department, or law enforcement agency, to investigatory agency and district attorney (Child abuse)
- Penal Code § 11167. Report; contents; confidentiality of identity of persons reporting (Child abuse reporting)
- Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Suspected Abuse of Dependent Adults and Elders (California Department of Social Services Abuse Form Staff Acknowledgement)
- Form to Report Suspected Dependent Adult/Elder Abuse (Department of Social Services)
- Form to Report Suspected Child Abuse (Department of Social Services)