Scholarships or Sponsorships
California’s Early Start Personnel Development Fund
Since 1996, the Department of Developmental Services, lead agency for Part C, has supported Early Start’s CSPD by offering training scholarships and grants to enhance the qualifications and competencies of personnel who provide early intervention services. The Early Start Personnel Development Fund provides supplemental funding to assist personnel in local programs and agencies to:
- Attend statewide training opportunities
- Implement local training events that address community-specific needs
- Encourage professionals to specialize in the field of early intervention
- Establish or refine innovative procedures or processes that enhance the quality of Early Start services
State Council on Developmental Disabilities Sponsorship
The State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD) believes clients and families should have control, choice and flexibility in the services and supports they receive. The best way to accomplish this is through increased access to knowledge on which informed choices can be based. Toward that goal, individuals and agencies may apply for Council sponsorships of up to $999 for events that promote client and family self-advocacy. Priority will be given to those individuals who have not previously received an SCDD sponsorship.
Brazelton Early Intervention Education Fund
The Brazelton Early Intervention Education Fund was established to promote families and professionals to seek new and innovative methods to enhance and support the development of children birth to 3.
The fund is designed to supplement training costs for parent and professional teams. Applicants must be a parent of a child under the age of 3 who is receiving Early Start services and a professional partner who works with children with special needs from birth to 3 years of age.
Additional guidelines are as follows:
- Scholarships are intended to supplement available funding for local education or training opportunities. State Early Start activities are not considered training opportunities for the purposes of these funds.
- Application must include primary funding source and the amount being requested as a supplement. Funds are not for reimbursement to programs or persons for fees paid in advance. No “after the fact” reimbursements.
- Checks will be made out to the event coordinator only. No cash awards will be made.
- Applicants will be awarded funds one time only per year.
- Applications must be submitted 60 days prior to the event.
Get a Copy of the Application
Applications for supplemental funds from the Brazelton Early Intervention Education Fund are available through the Lanterman Training and Development unit.
Visit the Training and Development homepage for additional information including mailing address and fax number.