Parenting Series: Sexuality and Youth with Developmental Disabilities
The Planned Parenthood of Los Angeles Parent Education training is designed to educate parents and provide strategies to assist them in developing positive communication about sexuality and reproductive health with their children with developmental disabilities.
The goals of the three-session series are to:
- Educate parents about human sexuality, sexual development and reproductive health and how they impact their child’s development and behavior.
- Introduce the concept of healthy sexuality.
- Improve communication between parents and their children, about sexuality and reproductive health.
- Improve parental responses to their child’s behavior.
- Help parents reduce the risk of sexual abuse or exploitation of their child.
For more information about this training call Diane Medsker, PPLA at 213.284.3312.
Contact your service coordinator if you are interested in registering.