Professional Development Day: New Approaches to Longstanding Challenges
Join the Junior Blind of America for a free day of learning and connecting.
Topics covered will include:
- Multi-disciplinary Approaches to Mental Health Services Provided to Medically Complex Youth in DCFS Placement,
- Benefits of Using the Apple iPad in Helping Children with Visual Impairments and Multiple Disabilities Develop Communication Skills,
- Hands-on with New and Updated Assistive Technology,
- Medical Update – What's new in treatment of eye/vision concerns?,
- Teaching Cause and Effect: Learning with Adaptive Switches as a Prerequisite for Language Instruction, and
- Abandonment of Assistive Technology in Visual Impairment Services.
Please RSVP by Thursday, October 27, 2011 to Sarah Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323.290.6284.
Junior Blind of America
5300 Angeles Vista Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90043