IEP and Inclusion
Available in English and Spanish, this training is for families with school-age children. Topics covered include:
- A general overview of the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process
- Eligibility requirements for school district special education services
- Special education rights and responsibilities
- Importance of inclusion at school and in the community
- Tips for successfully including your child
Presenters at the training typically include an attorney from the Whittier Law Clinic, and Sam Suzuki, Lanterman regional manager for the Los Angeles School Age unit.
Reserve your space by November 9, 2012 with Edward Perez at 213.252.4986 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lanterman Regional Center - KYRC Conference Room - First Floor
3303 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Due to security reasons, access to the building requires that all visitors carry a picture ID and pre-register.
Parking: Available in the parking structure behind Lanterman on Berendo Avenue. Parking tickets will not be validated. Parking fees are $5 prior to 10 a.m. entry, otherwise they will range from $10 to $13. There is metered parking on the street. Watch street signs. Lanterman is 2 blocks west of the Metro Red Line Wilshire/Vermont Station.