DIR/Floortime: A View From The Floor ~ 2nd Annual California-wide Conference
This conference will examine the success of the DIR®/Floortime approach for children with special needs. A variety of renowned speakers will describe their experiences utilizing DIR®/Floortime with children of all ages and their families, in diverse settings, including the home, clinic and school, as well as results of clinical research.
Join hundreds of parents, therapists, clinicians, educators, early interventionists, administrators, and professionals involved in the care of children with special needs and interested in learning more about cutting-edge research in the field of autism.
2012 Highlights include:
- Supporting Language Development in Children with Autism, Devin Casenhiser, PhD
- Floortime Strategies in Clinical Practice, Kiegan Blake, OTR and Marilee Burgeson, MS, CCC-SLP
- The Motor Foundations of Relating and Communicating, Brooke Hampton, PT
- A panel of young adults will discuss their experiences with DIR®/Floortime
- A Developmental Approach to Behavioral Challenges, Diane Cullinane, M.D.
- Parent Panel: DIR® in Our Families
Also participants will be able to browse vendor tables of DIR/Floortime resources across California, connect with other parents and professionals and attend on optional evening gala and auction.
Los Angeles Marriott