IEP And Inclusion
Available in English and Spanish, this training is for families with school-age children. Topics covered include:
- A general overview of the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process
- Eligibility requirements for school district special education services
- Special education rights and responsibilities
- Importance of inclusion at school and in the community
- Tips for successfully including your child
Presenters at the training typically include an attorney from the Whittier Law Clinic, and Sam Suzuki, Lanterman regional manager for the Los Angeles School Age unit.
Reserve your space by June 24, 2013.
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm .
Lanterman Regional Center - KYRC Conference Room
3303 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010
This free event hosted by Rethink Autism will feature a discussion with Lisa B., a mother of a 6-year-old boy with autism living in the US Virgin Islands. Listen as Lisa shares experiences in finding ways to help her son succeed. Learn how she is using Rethink Autism to teach her son valuable skills. Connect with other parents and share your story.